Saturday, February 17, 2007

Feb 21: Down With Love

Audra McDonald performed an incredible version of the Arlen/Harburg tune "Down With Love" on a televised concert special. That song leads off Matinee's anti-Valentine show, with funny or witty songs of lost love.

Down With Love on My Favorite Broadway Leading Ladies NOT on the CD version.
Taxi Number from On the Town
Wonderful Town (2003 Broadway Revival Cast)
If from Kristin Chenoweth's Let Yourself Go
Love of My Life, sung by Judy Kaye, from Brigadoon (1991 London Studio Cast)
When I'm Not Near the Girl I Love on Finian's Rainbow (1947 Original Broadway Cast)
A Chemical Reaction from Silk Stockings (1955 Original Broadway Cast)
I Don't Remember You from And The World Goes 'Round: The Songs Of Kander & Ebb (1991 Original Broadway Cast)
I Don't Remember Christmas from Starting Here, Starting Now
The Little Things from Company - A Musical Comedy (1995 Broadway Revival Cast)
My Husband the Pig/Every Day a Little Death, from A Little Night Music, as performed on Putting It Together: A Musical Review (2006)
Liza Minnelli's Maybe This Time on Cabaret: Original Soundtrack Recording (1972 Film)
Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend, from the soundtrack of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes on The Diamond Collection
Rocks In My Bed sung by Andre De Shields, Larry Marshall from Play On!: A New Musical (1997 Original Broadway Cast)
Falling Out Of Love Can Be Fun on Irving Berlin's White Christmas

No comments: