Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25: Unusual Love Songs

In honor of my 13th wedding anniversary, I focus on love songs this week. It seems strangely fitting that my darling hubby spent the evening at a theater board meeting while I worked on my show.

Listen online to this episode at PRX (free account required)

What More Do I Need? - Dawn Upshaw, I Wish It So (Elektra/Asylum)
Till There Was You (From the Music Man) - Christiane Noll, Three Broadway Divas ()
You've Got That Thing - Jason Graae, Fifty Million Frenchmen (New World)
What Makes Me Love Him? - Barbara Harris, The Apple Tree [Original Broadway Cast] ()
Bill [Alternate Version] - Annette Warren, Show Boat [1951 Soundtrack] [Bonus Tracks] (Turner)
Unusual Way - Elaine Paige, Jonathan Price, Nine (Sony Classical)
The Human Heart - Andrea Frierson; The Storytellers, Once on This Island [RCA] ()
Kiss the Girl [From the Little Mermaid] - Samuel E. Wright, Classic Disney, Vol. 1 (Walt Disney/EMI)
As Long as You're Mine - Idina Menzel; Norbert Leo Butz, Wicked (Decca)
People Will Say We're in Love - Gordon McRae & Shirley Jones, Golden Memories of Stage & Screen 2 (RCA)
If I Loved You - John Raitt; Eileen Christy, Carousel [1965 Broadway Revival Cast] (RCA)
Loving You - Donna Murphy; Jere Shea, Passion [Original Broadway Cast Recording] (Angel Records)
If Ever I Would Leave You - Robert Goulet, Camelot [Original Broadway Cast] (Sony)
Buddy's Blues - Bronson Pinchot, Putting It Together (Image Entertainment)

No comments: