Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Tony Awards on Sunday!

One of my favorite television showcases comes on this Sunday night. The Tony Awards, the celebration of Broadway's current season, focuses on musical theater because it's so much easier to perform a song than it is to pull a scene from a play out of context. And that's another story, but since my passion is musical theater songs, I'm in heaven. The website for the Tonys is quite thorough, with clips from the musicals and interviews with nominees. I still need to find time to go through all the stuff at tonyawards.com.

And no, I don't have any favorites or clues on who will win. Between pre-season prep for Spokane Children's Theatre, prep for this show, and my daughter's 6th birthday (oh yeah, our 11th wedding anniversary too) I haven't had a chance to hardly look at the nominees. I'll be even more surprised than you on Sunday. Here in Spokane, the Tony Awards are on channel 2 (KREM-TV) starting at 8 p.m.

No comments: