Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mar 12: Pass the Torch

Torch songs on stage and screen
Lover, Come Back to Me
- Evelyn Herbert, Star Spangled Rhythm [Smithsonian] Disc 1 (Smithsonian Collection)
It Never Entered My Mind - Mary Martin, Mary Martin Sings, Richard Rodgers Plays (RCA)
The Party's Over - Judy Holliday, Bells Are Ringing OBC (Sony)
Ain't Got No Tears Left - Donna Murphy, Leonard Bernstein's New York (Nonesuch)
What Did I Have That I Don't Have? - Barbara Harris, Broadway Divas (RCA)
As Long as He Needs Me [From Oliver!] - Sonia Swaby, Hey Mr. Producer!: The Musical World of Cameron MacKintosh Disc 1 (404 Music Group/Phillips)
So in Love - Patti LuPone, The Lady with the Torch (Ghostlight)
But Not for Me - Jodi Benson, Crazy for You OBC (Angel)
Nobody's Heart/Why Can't I? - Kristin Chenoweth, Let Yourself Go (Sony)
He Was Too Good to Me - Dawn Upshaw, Sings Rodgers & Hart (Nonesuch)
I Had Myself a True Love - Audra McDonald, How Glory Goes (Elektra/Asylum)
The Man That Got Away - Judy Garland, Hollywood Magic: The 1950s (Sony)
Tell Me on a Sunday - Betty Buckley, Children Will Listen (Sterling)
Losing My Mind - Barbara Cook, Broadway Divas (RCA)

No comments: