Wednesday, October 31, 2007

'High School'ers Get Ready for Spokane's INB

Big news for fans of Disney's High School Musical. WestCoast Entertainment landed the live stage show based on the mega-hit Disney Channel movie, and it comes to the INB Center April 29-May 4. I misspoke on the air - I said that it was the concert version. Boy was I wrong. This is a fully-staged version, similar to what Spokane Children's Theater just produced, but with professional performers and the full Disney budget behind it.

According to the website highschoolmusicalontour.com Spokane is one of only a dozen or so cities booked so far. Those other cities are much bigger than Spokanloo, including D.C., L.A. and San Diego. I'd say Best of Broadway landed a pretty impressive deal for Spokane kids.

And a personal note of thanks to WestCoast for NOT announcing before SCT's production of High School Musical ended. I have no clue if that was even an issue, but the timing honestly couldn't have been better. I know a couple of kids who wanted to go to SCT's show but couldn't get tickets, and SCT had a sold-out show. Sure it was a little community theater production but the kids in the audience and on the stage seemed to have a wonderful time, which in my opinion is what really counts (again, I could be wrong but I'll say it anyway.)

No comments: