Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Jun 27: June Showcase

A new month, another time for a showcase of actor/singers born in the month of June, just an excuse to pause and get to know some stage and screen performers of the past and present.

Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy - Will You Remember? (Maytime), Romantic Duets from MGM Classics
- Indian Love Call, Star Spangled Rhythm [Smithsonian] Disc 2
I was surprised to see that they were born within days of each other in 1901. They certainly blended nicely in the movies.
Robert Preston - I Love My Wife and Father of the Bride, I Do! I Do!
Judy Garland - Get Happy [From Summer Stock], Somewhere Over the Rainbow: The Golden Age of Hollywood Musicals Disc 2
- I Got Rhythm, Girl Crazy
Lena Horne - The Lady Is a Tramp [From Words and Music], Somewhere Over the Rainbow: The Golden Age of Hollywood Musicals Disc 2
Judy Holliday - The Party's Over (Bells Are Ringing), Ultimate Broadway Disc 1
Joanna Gleason - Moments in the Woods, Into the Woods
Jonathan Pryce - The American Dream, Miss Saigon [Original London Cast] Disc 2
- I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face [From My Fair Lady], Hey Mr. Producer!: The Musical World of Cameron MacKintosh
Colm Wilkinson - And the Money Kept Rolling (In and Out), Evita [Original Studio Cast]
- Bring Him Home [From Les Miserables], Hey Mr. Producer!: The Musical World of Cameron MacKintosh
Michael Ball - Losing My Mind [Follies], Hey Mr. Producer!: The Musical World of Cameron MacKintosh

No comments: